Saturday, October 3, 2015

I Am Romanced

As I take in the truth of God's word, my heartbeat quickens with excitement. I am eagerly awaiting adventure, ready to uncover great discovery. 

I am romanced. Eager to hear the voice of my Lover. 

It is a great romance! 

Christ loves you. He loves you with the sacrifices made by a father, the companionship of a friend, but also with the passion of a lover. You are His bride. 

He went to the cross in pursuit of you. He fights for your heart. He wants to win you over

He delights in you, His beautiful bride. He longs to hear your voice and to spend time with you. 

God made us to be relational to interact with each other, yes, but really, so we can interact with Him! 

"Yet I am freely available to all who call upon My name, who open their hearts to receive Me as Savior. This simple act of faith is the beginning of a lifelong love story. I, the Lover of your soul, understand you perfectly and love you eternally." (Jesus Calling, Sarah Young) 



If you haven't read the Devotional, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young, I highly encourage you to do so! Also read Captivating, by John and Stasi Eldredge, and The Circle Series, by Ted Dekker (my favorite!) But most of all, spend some time in the Bible, God's love letter to you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment