Tuesday, January 19, 2016

For the Painter of the Sky

I wrote this last year and posted it on Facebook, but I wanted to share it again with my readers here:

I run for the Painter of the sky. I run for my Creator. I live for Him who gave me life through His breath. I breath for Him whose name I sound with my very breathing.

Take a deep breath--in, out. Listen. Our breathing sounds the name of Yahweh, our God, our Creator, our relentless, merciful Saviour.

When we struggle, get scared, or feel pain, our breathing rapidly increases. We need to call upon the name of God! And when we are short of breath, what do we do? Raise our hands. To praise Him. Sometimes when we breath loudly, people stop and stare. Yet, if we truly proclaim God's love with our life, if in every breath we live for Him, won't people stare? Won't they get curious?



As Jason Gray says in his song, "The Sound of Our Breathing:"

"Cause the name of God
Is the sound of our breathing
Hallelujahs rise
On the wings of our hearts beating
So breathe in, breathe out
Speak it aloud oh oh, oh oh
The glory surrounds..."

So go! Breath the name of God; with every breath, every step, praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment