Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I Wanna Change the World

I believe I have not posted recently because nothing prominent has been on my mind lately--nothing just jumping out of my soul onto the page. I've been feeling in a "lull" mode just recently, and I guess when I get in that mode I have a hard time sharing my thoughts and ideas. I wrote this poem last January, and my thoughts right now match what I felt then: 


Emotions are a stormy sea in my head,
Salty waves confuse me. 
I feel lost in the noise
I just want silence 
But people need to hear my voice. 


What do I do? 
What do I choose? 
Sometimes I just want to be a normal girl, 
I wanna be a normal girl. 


Somewhere out of nowhere,
Friendship found its way to me. 
Sounds so much better--
But it's getting hard to see. 
Laughter, memories, for a girl to crave,
But is fun what I really want carved on my grave? 


I want to change the world. 
I'm gonna change the world. 


This poem describes my constant inward battle. I want to be a voice and shout the truth to the whole world. I want to make a difference. I want to change the world. At the same time, I often just want to be a normal girl. Sometimes, like I've been feeling just recently, I don't have anything eager to share. And yet every fiber within me cries to be a part of something bigger--something great. 

I know God created me with purpose, just as He created you with a specific purpose and plan. Therefore, I know that just by being me, I have already, and will continue to, change the world. With every breath. Every smile. And every word. One step at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Well said, Mel. And we can especially make a difference when we do it together. 😊

    ReplyDelete